May 18, 2012

Chicken and Biscuits

Chicken and Biscuits happens to be one of the recipes I loved growing up. I unfortunately lost the recipe my Mom gave me, (I will ask her for it again), so I went on the prowl for the recipe to try and find it. I found several different recipes and I found one that looked promising, but I however do not remember where I found it. With that said, here is the recipe and if you know who came up with it, please let me know so I can give credit where it's do.

Ingredients

1 can condensed cream of celery soup
1 can condensed cream of potato soup
2/3 cup milk
1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
2 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey
1 package refrigerated biscuits (I didn't have this on hand, so I made Bisquick biscuits. The recipe is on the side of the box. If you would like a copy of the recipe, please let me know and I will send it to you.)

Directions

Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Stir the soups, milk, poultry seasoning, black pepper, vegetables and chicken in an 11 x 7 x 2 -inch baking dish.

Bake for 20 minutes or until the chicken mixture is hot and bubbling. Stir the chicken mixture. Top with the biscuits. (This is where I deviated from the recipe. I baked the biscuits seperately and then spooned the mixture over the biscuits when serving. I baked the chicken mixture for about 25 minutes.)

Bake for 15 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown.

 This recipe came close to what my Mom used to make, but it just wasn't there. I will have to try it again with a few changes to see what I can come up with.

Printer Friendly Recipe

0 comments:

Post a Comment