May 5, 2012

Crock Pot BBQ Ribs

I ended up finding some beef ribs on sale when I went grocery shopping last weekend so that was a great way to continue my quest of making foods I don't like but that my two boys would love. I found this recipe on Food.com.

Ingredients

1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp white pepper
1/3 tsp cayenne pepper
5/8 tsp ground cumin
1/4 cup brown sugar
5/8 Tbsp Paprika
1 tsp salt
2 1/2lbs beef ribs
1 bottle of barbecue sauce

Directions

1. Combine rub ingredients mixing well.
2. Rub on all sides of ribs.
3. Place ribs meaty side up in crock pot. (I had to break my set of ribs in half and set one on top of the other as they all didn't fit into the crock pot.)
4. Cover, cook on low for 6 hours.
5. Drain the grease from the crock.
6. Place the ribs back in and cover with bbq sauce.
7. Cook for another hour.

By the look on his bbq covered face, I'm thinking these were a hit. What do you guys think?

0 comments:

Post a Comment